If you are one of the millions of people who look in the mirror every single day and are unhappy with the nose they see on their face, don’t worry, you are not alone! Each year over half a million people who want to improve the appearance and function of their nose visit a specialist, making rhinoplasty still one of the most popular procedures in cosmetic surgery.
Have you ever wondered just why the size and shape of your nose bothers you so much? Nothing plays a more important role in highlighting the appearance of the face than the size and shape of the nose. The nose is the most defining aspect of the face because it is the vertical axis around which the rest of the features are placed.
Simply put, if your nose is too big or too long for your face, it will effect your entire appearance. People who feel that their nose is too big for their face often feel ugly and lack self confidence. In some cases their uncomfortableness with their appearance can lead to severe depression.
A Rhinoplasty (nose job) can have a profound improvement on a person’s lack of confidence and self esteem and even a slight change can alter the appearance of the individual dramatically. By eliminating the asymmetry and improving the proportions of the nose and bringing it inline with the rest of the patient’s facial features rhinoplasty can bring out the real beauty of the face. With the nose no longer overpowering the face, the persons eyes and mouth suddenly come into focus.
Benefits of Rhinoplasty:
• A rhinoplasty can be performed to alter nasal size or shape whether it is traumatic or genetically acquired, contouring the nose size to a symmetrical proportion with other facial features.
• Unattractive nasal features such as a wide bulbous tip, wide nasal bridge, large dorsal hump, malformed/asymmetric tip, crooked nose, or a deviated septum causing breathing problems are readily correctable.
• Correction of a bulbous, upturned, or drooping nasal tip.
• Improvement of nasal profile by removing humps or filling out of nasal depressions.
• Even in the case of prior surgery, the nose can most often be substantially softened and the overall shape vastly improved.
As with most surgeries, there are elements of risk which may affect the recovery process:
• Post-operative pain
• Adverse reaction to anesthesia
• Internal and visible scars
• Permanent nerve damage
All of which can deter a patient from opting for a Rhinoplasty.
Why Rhinoplasty Marbella?
But now a revolutionary procedure created by Dr. Amar of The Amar Clinic, Marbella, called a Transpalpebral Osteotomy achieves a completely natural looking nose re-shaping with none of the normal risks associated with the traditional nose job!
Advantages of the Transpalpebral Osteotomy :
• The shaping of the nasal bone is accomplished in perpendicular form, which guarantees precision and avoids any possibility of the bone chipping or being broken.
• It avoids bleeding
• No haematomas
• Virtually pain free
• Avoids post-operative pain and possible problems
• It often avoids the application of the splint.
• It does not require sutures (stitches) avoiding scarring, the incision – of 2mm- disappears after a few days.
• The rhinoplasty can be completed under local anesthesia and sedation
The objective of Dr. Roger Amar is to obtain the very best result, smoothing out the expression of the face, avoiding haematomas and pain, and shortening the post-operative period while minimizing possible problems and discomfort.
How painful is the post-operative time?
Most people are amazed by how little pain there is after nasal surgery. The most uncomfortable part of the recovery is the inability to breathe through the nose for several days due to swelling. This usually improves within one or two weeks.
When can I go back to normal life?
A few special precautions are required during your recovery. Bending or lifting can prolong swelling, so these actions should be avoided for three weeks after surgery. Running, cycling, or aerobics should not resume for three weeks. Contact sports should be avoided for six weeks, as it takes that long for the bones to fully heal. You may drive when the swelling subsides enough not to interfere with vision, and you may fly two to three weeks after surgery.
A rhinoplasty is always completed in an operating room, within a clinic or hospital. Normally, you will remain overnight in the clinic after the surgery.
Apart from aesthetic and psychological benefits, a nose job can enhance a person’s self-confidence and esteem. Throughout modern history many famous stars of music, movies and TV have gone under the knife to have their noses re-shaped:
Marilyn Monroe, Tom Jones, Cilla Black, Tori Spelling, Salma Hyak, Gisele Bundchen, Michelle Pfeiffer, Jennifer Aniston, Cher, Jessica and Ashlee Simpson, Scarlett Johansson and Halle Berry are just a few of the famous names who have benefited from this simple but very effective cosmetic procedure.
Remember, you only live once! Why go through life with a nose that is spoiling your looks and getting you down? Arrange a consultation with Dr Amar at his clinic in Marbella today, and take the first step toward looking and feeling fantastic!